Lined Wash Bag Tutorial
Tools & Materials
Drafting Paper (You can use kraft paper, recycled paper, newspaper, etc)
Ruler (Grid rulers work best for pattern making)
1 x 12″ Closed End Zipper
Twill Tape or Grosgrain
Fabric + Lining
3. Cut 2 x 10 cm lengths of twill tape.
4. Once you have your pieces cut out, use your chalk to mark 1.5 cm from the short edge. Alternatively, make a notch by making a small incision no longer than 3mm from the long edge.
Inserting the Zipper:
7. Repeat for the other side of the zipper. Tip: When completed, right sides of outer fabric should be touching and right sides of lining should be touching.
9. Match up the outer and lining pieces. Remember, outer with outer, lining with lining. Sew a seam (1 cm seam allowance) on the outer pieces only. For the lining pieces you will be leaving a gap in the centre, roughly 10 cm wide. This is the gap we will be pulling the bag through. Sew on either sides of the marking, be sure not to sew the gap closed.
11. Fold twill tape pieces in half to form a loop. Pin with the loop facing towards the ends of the zip. Do this for both sides, taking care on open side of zip to ensure alignment.
12. Sew the top zipper side closed.
14. Pin and sew 1 cm from the edge of the fabric.
15. Now the bag is ready to be turn inside out! Be gentle, you will be placing a lot of tension on the one stitch.
16. Line up the edges and option to do an edge stitch or a ladder stitch (invisible).
17. Tuck the lining into the bag and you are all done!