Welcome to Sewing Camp
Our ever popular kids sew program is now available in camp version! This 5-day long camp is the perfect introduction to sewing for any beginner kids and a great place for mixed beginners to continue to grow their skills. They will practice patience, eye & hand coordination while learning the basics of sewing.
Our dye & sew camp allows students to explore different methods of working with dyes. Shibori, ice dyeing, tie-dye, and marbling are some of the techniques we have played with in past camps. Kids will get a chance to experiment with multiple samples before dyeing their final projects.
Fabrics for all projects included in the price of workshop.
- West location
- Max. 8 students
- Age Range: 9-16
- Hours: 9am – 12pm or 12:30pm-3:30pm
- Beginner Prerequisite: None
- Mixed Beginner & Intermediate Prerequisite: (please check in with us)
- Cost: $420
Students must bring their own snacks for breaks.
Complete Beginner: Students who have little to zero experience with hand-sewing and machine sewing.
Mixed Beginner: Students who have foundation and basic machine skills and have sewn at least 5-10 projects supervised, but on their own.
Intermediate: This skill level is proficient with various stitches & techniques, construction, and have worked with sewing patterns. Students at the intermediate level have little issues cutting with fabric shears and can work independently.
Beginner & mixed beginner campers will:
- Create 3-5 different projects
- Practice hand and machine sewing
- Practice patience and learn how to calmly problem solve
Intermediate campers will:
- Create 1-3 different projects
- Learn how to prepare fabric for cutting
- Learn how to read and work with a pattern
- Discover new sewing and manipulation techniques
Dye & Sew campers will:
- Explore different methods of working with dyes
- Experiment with multiple samples
- Cut & Sew 2-3 projects with final dyed fabric(s)