Included in the price of workshop:
- Selection of fabrics for all three projects
- Cushion pad for your cushion cover
- Sewing guides
- 1 x bobbin
- 250m spool of black & white polyester thread (Preferably Gutterman or Coats)
- Dressmaking Pins (Glass, Pearl, or Plastic head)
- Hand sewing needles
**Bring a few loved pieces in need of repair from your wardrobe to alter in the last session.
Skill Level: 1
Cost: $270 +GST
- Max. 8 students
- Class Length: 4 x 3 hour sessions or weekend session
- Prerequisite: None
Class 1: DOWN TO BASICS & CUSHION COVER
Get acquainted with the sewing machine and basic tools of the trade. Learn how to thread a machine, sew in a straight line and a few other stitches. Apply these techniques by making your very own cushion cover.
Class 2: CANVAS TOTE
Make a multi-purpose tote and learn about topstitching, reinforcement stitching, and how to finish raw seams.
Class 3: ZIPS
Step it up a notch and throw a zipper into the mix. Expand your skills by inserting a zip into a lined wash bag and add hand sewing onto your resume.
Class 4: BASIC ALTERATIONS
From hemming to taking in side seams for a better fit, gain valuable skills to help you alter and repair your clothes.**