Administration fee means $75.00 plus applicable taxes.
By registering into a course or workshop with us, you accept and understand that you have reserved a seat to attend your selected course on a given date and at a specified time (please ensure you understand the date and start time of your course). Your course is confirmed and The House of Sew commits to delivering the course you have registered for. Please read the following policies that apply to your registration.
As the province has lifted restrictions allowing us to freely enjoy public life once again, The House of Sew will not be offering free reschedules or cancellations related to considerations around covid or any other illness, and the policies outlined below apply. You are required to give The House of Sew ample time to reopen your reserved seat to the public so that another participant may occupy the reserved seat that you are vacating. Alternately, if you know of someone who can occupy your reserved seat, this is permitted and your registration can be transferred to that person. If your seat remains vacant, The House of Sew will not allow for a reschedule and the policies outlined below apply.
- The House of Sew has business hours during which emails will be answered. If you email The House of Sew outside of its business hours a response will be emailed to you the next business day. Cancellation or reschedules must be emailed to hello (at) houseofsew.com. Cancellations or reschedule requests by voice mail will not be honoured.
- If you contact The House of Sew about cancelling, rescheduling or postponing your course the day of or after your course has started, regardless of reason, you accept that you have forfeited your fees; no refund or credit will be issued.
- Any reschedule or cancellation request made within 3 business days (requests made during holidays, stats and weekends will default to the next business day) of your course start date, will result in a loss of your registration fees with no refund/credit issued. If your email request to cancel is made outside of The House of Sew’s business hours (Monday to Friday: 9 AM – 5 PM) your request will default to the next business day.
- If you are able to transfer your registration fee to someone else (substitutions are accepted) please email the office their information and your registration will be transferred to the designated person. This transfer is final sale with no refund. When your registration has been transferred, if you require to register into a future course a full registration fee will apply.
- If you cancel or reschedule your course 10 business days prior to the 3 business day policy (number 3 above) an administration fee will apply. If you reschedule you must schedule into the next two available date.
- Reschedule requests may occur once only. Any request to reschedule a course thereafter, will result in a loss of fees and you will be required to pay the full course cost to attend a future course. No refunds will be offered.
- You must arrive on time. If you arrive late for your scheduled course it will be assumed that you will not be attending the course: no refund or credit will be issued. Make it your priority to arrive on time – be early not late. Please check your confirmation/notification receipt or the The House of Sew website for the date and start time of your course. Late arrivals are disruptive to the students who arrived on time, the instructors, and other internal processes.
- No reschedules, credits or refunds will be permitted if your absence or lateness (when the door is locked you will not be granted access into your course) is due to inclement weather, car troubles, transportation issues or any concerns outside of The House of Sew’s responsibility. The House of Sew’s responsibility is to deliver the course or workshop you registered into. Your responsibility is to attend your scheduled course/workshop.
- Courses requires a minimum number of participants to deliver the course. The House of Sew reserves the right to reschedule a course if minimum participant numbers are not met. When minimum numbers have been met for this course, your registration is final sale and any cancellation, reschedule or postponement for any reason will result in a loss of your registration fees.
- If you book into a holiday weekend your booking is considered final sale and any consideration to cancel, reschedule or postpone the course will result in a loss of your registration fees: no refund or credit will be issued.
- Given the above, when a course is marked as full on the website, no refunds/credits will be issued for cancellations, reschedules or postponements. However, if a course is not marked as full, the aforesaid policies also apply without exception. Your registration into a course is regarded as a commitment and by registering you reserve your seat for the date and time of your course. The House of Sew protects your reserved seat from being occupied by another person and commits to delivering the course that you registered into.
- These policies apply regardless of when you booked into your course (ex: same day bookings, within 3 business days, etc).
Reminder: During wet and rainy seasons, please bring dry indoor shoes. Shoes must be worn at all times.
These policies may change without notice. Policies reflecting the most current change will apply to your registration.
Updated: June 6, 2022