1950s Circle Skirt
Introduction to 1950s Circle Skirt
Our 1950s inspired circle skirt pattern is a must have in any vintage lovers wardrobe! Make it to any length you desire and in a variety of fabrics. You will leave with a finished skirt and a pattern to take away with you to make over and over again.
No experience in dressmaking is required but you should already:
- know how to thread a sewing machine
- know how to wind a bobbin
- have the ability to sew different seam allowances
- understand the purpose of back-stitching
- have made a range of sewn items equivalent to those made in our Sewing 101 course
Cost: $155 +GST
- WEST location
- Max. 6 students
- Class Length: 2 x 3 hour classes or 1 x 6 hour class
- Prerequisite: Sewing 101 or equivalent
Learn how to properly measure yourself, how to read, cut, and alter the pattern length. We will then show you how to accurately pin the pattern on to the fabric before cutting the pieces out. Before the end of the class, you will learn how to insert a zip, construct the skirt, and finish the seams.
Learn two different methods on how to attach a waistband, how to finish a curved hem, and how to sew on a hook & eye.
- Full Skirt Pattern
- 250m spool of polyester thread (Gutterman or Coats)
- Dressmaking Pins (Glass, Pearl, or Plastic head)
- Dressmaking Shears (if you got a pair you prefer to use)
- Fabrics & Notions for your skirt (a list will be sent to you)