The peg trouser pattern is inspired by its style popularity in the 1950s and 1980s! The versatility of this pattern allows you to make it in a range of fabrics. Option of full or cropped length and You will leave with a finished pair of trousers and a pattern to take away with you to make over and over again.
This is a more advanced beginner class, we require all students attending to:
- have the ability to sew different seam allowances
- have worked with a range of sewing patterns
- understand the purpose of back-stitching
- understand the purpose of notches
- have taken Sewing 102 and/or made a range of beginner garments
Skill Level: 3
240 / Trial Session $190 + GST // October Only!
- WEST location
- Max. 6 students
- Class Length: 3 x 3 hour classes or 2 x 5 hour class
- Prerequisite: Sewing 102 or equivalent
Class One: By now you already know how to properly measure yourself, read, cut, and alter pattern lengths. In this session you will prep your fabric before cutting the pieces out.
Class Two: Pleats, darts, pocket facings, pocket bag, inseam, side seam, crotch seam.
Class Three: Final finishings! Learn how to complete your trousers by attaching the zipper and fly guard. Finish off with a curved waistband and hand-stitch a hook & bar at the end.
- The Peg Trouser Pattern
- 250m spool of polyester thread (Gutterman or Coats)
- Dressmaking Pins (Glass, Pearl, or Plastic head)
- Dressmaking Shears (if you got a pair you prefer to use)
- Fabrics & Notions for your Trousers (a list will be sent to you)